Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Haul - Sugar & Spice Wax

I was in the mood to order wax recently and decided to go with Sugar & Spice for a change.  I have ordered from there before and have enjoyed the S&S wax a lot but for some reason they always slip off my radar.  I decided to just get some basic everyday type things for spring and summer.

 Lemon Curd - 'Fresh, zesty lemons, warm vanilla extract and a hint of sugar blended with fresh cream.'
Mmm, so soooooo good!  It reminds me of Lemonheads candy but with a bit of creaminess that leans it towards a dessert type scent.

 Strawberry Lemon Fluff - '*Sugar & Spice Exclusive Blend!* Strawberry, lemon and marshmallow.'
 There is a fair amount of marshmallow creaminess in this one.  The strawberry is a wee bit stronger than the lemon but those zesty lemon notes dance around the edges enough to really know it's there.

 Lemon Pound Cake - '*Sugar & Spice Exclusive Blend!* Fresh lemon baked into a light fluffy cake, topped with a powdered sugar glaze!'
Bakery first with the vanilla cake and all that sugared glaze, and just enough lemon presenting itself to make it bright and happy.  This reminds me of those little lemon pies you can buy, like the cherry and apple pies.  What is it, Hostess or Dolly Madison?  Yummy.

 Chai Tea Latte - '*Sugar & Spice Exclusive Blend!* Chai tea with added steamed milk.'
I really like this one.  It's not as deep and creamy as I would have liked but  it's just so good anyway that I don't mind.  Spice haters would probably want to stay away since this is pretty spice heavy.  I mean, chai *is* spiced tea.  It has those distinct tea notes, pumped up by the spice, and then restrained slightly by the bit of milky creaminess.

Raspberry Coconut Cream Cake - '*Sugar & Spice Exclusive Blend!* Raspberry, coconut cream pie and birthday cake.'
This smells quite similar to raspberry Zingers.  There is a lot of raspberry and a good dose of coconut but the cake notes are harder to find.

Black Cherry Crumb Cake - 'A combination of sweet black cherries and sour cherries with a base note of a freshly baked southern flaky crust.'
 Very strong and sweet black cherry scent, reminding me of the greatest KoolAid flavor ever.  I don't really get any bakery notes, at least not on cold sniff.

 Wild Watermelon - 'Candy type.'
Summer is coming so I gotta get my watermelon scents ready to go!  This is very candy-like, just as the description states.  Think Jolly Rancher candies.

 Blueberry Muffins - 'Top notes of juicy tart blueberries with orange zests, middle notes of butter cake, and base notes of vanilla and almond.'
A good ol' bakery staple.  While this does make me think of blueberry muffins, there are other from other vendors that are more muffin-ish.  This is strong on the blueberry and butter notes.  I think it reminds me of maybe a heavily buttered blueberry muffin, all warm and yummy.

Summer Fresh - '*Sugar & Spice Exclusive Blend!* Our own blend for the summer, this one is amazing! Watermelon, Lemonade and Fresh Tomato Leaf! This one is killer strong and super fresh, if you're looking forward to warmer weather this one will put you in the mood!'
I took a chance on this one, wanting something a little different so I didn't get sick to death of fruity blends in the coming months.  I'm not sure how I feel about this though.  It reminds me of something along the lines of rosemary-mint.  It reminds me of something like fresh cut grass after it rains.  If I didn't know watermelon and lemonade were in there I don't think I'd ever guess it because I can't pick out any distinct notes from them.  I'm not familiar with Fresh Tomato Leaf, so maybe this whole scent is just a whole lot of that.  lol *shrug*  It's interesting, and for me it's very different.

Grandma's Kitchen - 'Grandma went on a baking binge, whipping up spice cakes, quick breads, cookies, and pies galore! Every whiff of crust, nuts, sugar and spices, bubbling hot fruit, still lingers in Grandma's kitchen! Can you detect a bottom note of homemade cinnamon applesauce!'
I didn't chose this one with fall in mind but holy moly is it ever perfect for it!  Or even Christmas!
Oh my gosh, soooo good, so cozy, so warm!  The spices and 'bubbling hot fruit' are almost to the point of the hot spiced punch drink type of scent I fell so deeply in love with last fall, but there are a tons of bakery type notes to keep it from being a drink-type scent.  It's like maybe someone has some hot cider poured, perhaps sipping a steaming mug of it while baking all the goodies for a family holiday get-together.  I might have to get more of this one.

I also received two Mystery Tarts but I'm not interested in them.  I've mentioned it before here on the blog, that Mystery Tarts (from any vendor) are rather disappointing and pointless because you'll never know what's in them to be able to try and recreate the scent if it's something you end up liking.  I think giving samples of something we can actually get if we like it is much more worth while.  As for these two, the brown one does have a caramel apple note mixed in there, so that's fun, but the other is things along the lines of that Summer Fresh scent, or greenery or something.

These 1.5 oz. scent shots sell for $1.85 on the Sugar & Spice website.  Shipping is a flat rate of $7.99, and current TAT is listed as ten business days.  I placed my order on Tuesday morning, April 18, and received it Saturday, April 29.

I'm quite happy with this order.  Now I just need to keep Sugar & Spice on my list of go-to places when I feel like ordering!

Are you a fan of Sugar & Spice Gourmet Soy Candles?

4 comments:

  1. Grandma's Kitchen!!!!! You sold me. This totally has me ready to make a S&S order, Deb. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll play around with blending a couple things next time I order from there. I hope you order!! And I hope you get/love Grandma's Kitchen!

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. S&S is fabulous! I still have a few scent shots floating around. I love your scent choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't understand why this vendor always slips off my radar?! I need to order again soon and see if it will stick in my brain, 'Hey, Sugar and Spice!' lol

      ~Deb

      Delete