Monday, May 29, 2017

Natters - May 29 / Still Alive


Well, hello there.  I hope your Memorial Day weekend has been safe and happy.  We didn't do anything for the holiday, no cookout or get-together or anything like that.  Hubby's been working all day for the past several days at his parents, rebuilding their deck/porch/ramp.  Ty and Casey were both hanging out here today, playing video games and chitchatting.  It was nice to have a mellow day for once, without Casey's drama ruining things.

Update on that drama, because I know you're all on pins and needles about it.  PrincessRoommate still has not officially moved out.  She spends almost no time there but her stuff is all still there, packed in boxes, waiting to be relocated.  She supposedly has been approved for her own apartment somewhere and can move into it June 1.  HOPEFULLY she gets her crap moved out next weekend and this mess can be done.  Casey's at least in a better mood about things.

Ty's working a temporary second job.  I can't remember if I mentioned this in my last Natters, but he's helping a former coworker get his own machine shop started up, and is working for that guy whenever he's not working at his regular full-time job.

Works been ridiculous again.  It's the whole sucky management thing again.  I've pretty much cut ties with 2nd shift for the four hours that my 12 hour shift overlaps their 8 hour shift.  The 2nd shift supervisors are spineless and let those people get away with anything so I'm taking the super mature and professional option of dealing with them by ignoring them.  lol  I've had an awesome work schedule for this holiday weekend though, so I guess I can't complain too much.  I had my two days off, worked Saturday, have had Sunday and Monday off for the holiday, and now Tuesday and Wednesday will be my regular days off again.  Wheee!

I've been playing Wizard101 a lot during all this time off.  I've been struggling with my moody angry funk again lately and this occupies my mind, keeps me from wallowing in my pity party thoughts.  It's been quite fun and relaxing to allow myself to do this.  I still can't get hubby or the boys to play but oh well, I'm still having fun alone.  My newest, and current favorite character is up to level 22 already.  Whee!

Apologies for the slightly blurry picture!  I've been taking more of my blog pics on my phone lately and didn't even realize this one was so shoddy.  Doh!  Anyway, this book came out last week and I bought it as soon as I saw it, and started reading it that same day.  I'd just recently started reading the second book in Rick Riordan's Apollo series but this one has bumped that one back onto the shelf.  This is the second one in the Dark Artifices series, the one that follows Julian and Emma and the LA shadowhunters.  I really enjoyed the first one, mainly because of Mark and the fairie elements.  So yes, I'm really looking forward to this one!  It's a beast though, 699 pages.  Ugh.

 I don't think I've shown these two cards.  Gah, this is what happens when I don't post regularly.  This first one was for a little boy family member.
And this one was for hubby's parents' 53rd wedding anniversary.  It's similar to the anniversary card I did for my brother earlier this year, but I switched out the knight and castle for a Viking theme since hubby's dad is the one who brings all this Viking-ness to the family.

I know I haven't shown these yet.  I made these thank you cards for a bloggy friend who just wrapped up a huge giveaway.  I think you can guess who that was . . . 

Alrighty, well it's getting late and I have a large and exciting book to read.
Have you read any of the Shadowhunter books?
Are you a fan of YA (young adult) paranormal/fantasy books?


8 comments:

  1. The cards are very cute--I love the Viking one! I also had a quiet weekend. It's gloomy and cold here so perfect weather for catching up on my reading. I've been on a romance binge and blew through an historical based on Beauty and the Beast, which reminded me that the live action B&B is still in theaters so I convinced a friend to go see that with me yesterday. Very cute movie! Emma Watson's not the strongest singer, but the effects were amazing and the guy playing Gaston is easy on the eyes lol! I also didn't realize til the end that Matthew from Downton Abbey is the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched Downton Abbey so I don't know who that is, but everyone seems to love Gaston so I keep getting more and more curious. I'm anxious to see the movie! I'm grabbing the DVD as soon as I see it's out.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I am glad to hear the Jezabel is moving out soon. June 1st will be here soon enough! And holy heck! What a great array of days off! Almost like a vacation! I didn't go to work today but that was because I had jury duty. It was a doozy too. I will have to tell you about it.

    Deb, that anniversary card you made Kurth's parents is SO CUTE! Do you guys have one coming up soon? I feel like June is the month for all that. I need to go look in my book.

    I am excited to read your review of the new Shadowhunter book. I am enmeshed in a series too. But if you end up liking the second book I will pop back into that land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, jury duty! The true crime lover in me is pulling up a chair to hear this story. Do you know the ID channel? There is a commercial where the crime loving woman gets a jury duty notice and it's like she won the lottery. LOL

      We do indeed have an anniversary coming in June. :)

      I'm not very far into the Shadowhunter book yet but I am liking it. It's such a beast to try and hold and read while laying in bed though! I can get more of it read on my breaks at work because I'm just laying it on the table then. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Those cards are so great! Beautiful. I wouldn't have given them away. Like, if I were you, I wouldn't have given them to Julie for the giveway (sorry, Julie!) and if I were Julie, I wouldn't have given them to the winners! Mine, mine, mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is hard to let them go sometimes, especially knowing most people just throw them away anyway. Still, it was fun to make those for her. It gave me a goal, instead of just sitting down at the craft table and wondering what to make.

      ~Deb

      Delete
    2. I was the lucky recipient of the middle mermaid card and I loved it! I will definitely be keeping her :) I do love me some YA fiction, I eagerly await Rick Riordan's newest releases though I have to say I prefer the Magnus Chase series over Apollo, out of the ones currently in progress. I have heard of the Shadowhunter series but haven't read any, maybe it's time I checked one out.

      Delete
    3. Apologies for my horrible lack of response. :(

      Yay for receiving one of the cards. So glad you liked it! They did turn out rather cute.

      It's weird to me that I can't seem to get into the Magnus Chase series. I mean, Norse gods?! Vikings?! That's my thing, right?! Yet I prefer the humor and arrogance of Apollo, I guess. I will eventually give Magnus another try though.

      Yes, you should read the Shadowhunter books!

      ~Deb

      Delete