Thursday, June 1, 2017

Band of Bloggers - June 2017 / Vol. 18

Toes in the water, sunshine on the skin, evenings spent watching blinking fireflies or brilliant fireworks, all the little indulgences that only summer can bring. As it's arriving soon (in the northern hemisphere), for June, we want to know the special ways you indulge during the summer months. Any activities you look forward to? For some, it involves dodging bugs to searching for respite from soaring temps. But for everyone it means longer daylight hours. What is your summer indulgence?
No summer indulgences planned here.  We used to like to go fishing and have the occasional weekend cookout but we are by no means big summer fun people.  Seems like these days just getting the lawn mowed is a huge accomplishment!  LOL
Continuing with gratification, what's the most indulgent fragrance purchase you have ever made or been gifted? A special bottle of perfume, exclusive wax opening, or pricey, fancy pants candle?
I'm so dang cheap that I could say a simple B&BW candle is the most indulgent fragrance purchase I've ever made.  Oh wait!  I did receive that Flash Point candle for review, that very large one in the gorgeous ceramic bowl.
Lastly, how would you indulge if $ was no object? It could be a luxe fragrance you desire, a pampering spa package, a legendary retired scent, etc. What is your dream way to treat yo' self?
There are a couple grand things I would do.  I would go back to Germany and properly tour and appreciate King Ludwig II's castles, as well as take in much more of the sites.  Back at home, I would have our house completely fixed and updated but take it back to an older times look.
Please, feel free to answer these questions in the comments section below!
We hope you'll visit these Band of Blogger blogs and help support the blogger community!
If you are a blogger and would like to join the Band of Bloggers for our monthly posts, please contact us.

6 comments:

  1. Lawn mowing can be good though!

    That candle was pretty fabulous. Hefty and lovely and very pricey.

    Soooo... if you go to Germany I wanna go with. Would you make your home into a Tudor home or something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you can go to Germany with me if I can go to England with you so we can tour all the Tudor places. Deal? :P

      Our house was built in 1902 or something like that, so I'd like to give it that old farmhouse look. But there are other times I'd to medieval the heck out this old place. LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. I'm super cheap too; I never even pay full price for the BBW candles, haha! I remember you reviewing the Flashpoint candle; it did look very beautiful and luxurious.
    Looks like we all need to go on a trip to Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bloggers convention to Germany, anyone? LOL

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. A German castle tour sounds stunning! I also wish for a complete house renovation. Mine's not nearly as old as yours, but I'd love to create a craftsman style home with period furnishings.
    I wish you nice lawn mowin' weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been to Neuschwanstein, but didn't really know anything about it at the time. My gosh, how I would soak it all in if I were to go again!

      We've had good mowin' weather but, wouldn't you know, my mower isn't working. BAH!!!!

      ~Deb

      Delete