Thursday, June 22, 2017

Happy Mail From Julie

I received a fun package from longtime bloggy friend Julie the other day.  She was returning some DVDs and a book, which I was expecting, but she loaded up the box with lots of other fun goodies too.  There was a nice little note, and a yummy box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.  Ever the Potter fan, she is.

These three items were super exciting to find in the box!  Oh how they made The Fall Slut's heart sing!  She'd recently shown me a glimpse of what Hobby Lobby already had out.  Craft stores are always a season ahead, but to see the stuff was both exciting and scary.  It's like, are we really that close to fall already?  lol  But these things, so sooo cute.  LOVE the crow!  He's sort of an inside joke to myself.

She included this fun Beauty and the Beast item.  It's an 'enchanted rose craftable paper figure' and I think I might actually put it together.  She must have gotten this when she saw the movie.  I, at 50 years old, have FINALLY learned the story of Beauty and the Beast.  I read the movie tie-in book recently and bought the DVD as soon as it came out.  I really enjoyed it!  What the heck took me so long?!

I was also really excited to find these in the box.  These are two large (5x6") background stamps that I can use in card making!  We'd talked a bit about them a while ago but then I'd forgotten all about that conversation.  The one on the right is like a screen or mesh type design.  I'm really curious to see how it will look once stamped.  My first thought was stamping it in pale gray and adding some sort of silly insect diecut to it, like a bug on a screen.  I don't know if I have any bug stamps though, or what sort of card it could be.  Anyone have any witty ideas?
 
And of course there was wax in the package, because that's what we do.
 
Americana Wafers (Rosegirls) - 'Hot Apple Pie and Blueberry Cobbler chunks are over poured with Vanilla Wafers.'
Oh yesssss, come to Mama.  I always mix up RG's Americana Wafers and Americana Smoothie.  I love them both but half the time forget they are two different things.  I used up my last piece of Smoothie the other day so I can't even compare them side by side now.  That's okay, because this one is like absolute heaven to me right now.  It's warm and cozy and homey and creamy and yummy and has just enough hints of fall from the apple pie notes to make me giddy.  And it's nearly 5 oz. so I'll get tons of enjoyment out of it.  Thank you, Julie!!!!

Pink Pistachio (Glitterati) - [no scent description]
I have enjoyed Glitterati wax when I've had it but the messiness of how soft it is always makes me shove it aside.  I already hate cutting wax so having to cut these big, soft, messy chunks is not something I look forward to.  Still, I'm always happy to accept gifted wax!  This one is interesting.  Sniff it once and I get nearly full strength almond scent.  Sniff it again and the Pink Sugar is there, strong and bold.  I'm quite curious to see what happens with melted, and might have to haul out the knife sooner rather than later.

Cranberry Mandarin (Timberwick/Hanna's) - 'Red currant, juicy orange, crisp cranberry, spices, and fresh apple.'
We had each gotten to try Hanna's Candlemart products earlier this year and she chose this scent that I had decided to hold off on.  She's sharing cranberry goodness with me, determined to rouse this Fall Slut from hibernation early.  This is nice, but more bright and zesty from the orange, and not quite the deeper fall type scent I'd thought it might be.  I'll melt it with my summer scents.

Lemon Blueberry Scone (Handmade in Florida) - 'Sweet blueberries and zesty lemons, blended with warm vanilla and fresh cream.'
Love me some lemon!  I've never tried Handmade in Florida wax, so this should be fun.

Spooky Apparitions (Lasting Scents) - 'Yummy pumpkin, two sugars, sticky marshmallows.'
Mmmm, dreams of fall continue . . .   The pumpkin is wonderful but I'm a bit leery because I detect slight hints of the plastic-y type of marshmallow that I'm just not a fan of.  We'll see how it goes though, when fall rolls around.

Cranberry Citrus Balsam (Lasting Scents) - [no scent description]
This is one of those perfect Christmas scents.  It's like a hot spiced punch drink scent for fall with just enough of that balsam note to kick it over to being a Christmas scent.  And she sent me two of these!  Thank you, thank you!  Can't wait to melt these this holiday season!

Mulled Wine (CFTKR) - 'An apple cinnamon type "wine" that will make you dream about sitting in front of a fire on a cold winter's night.'
Since Julie is a pro at ordering from Candles From The Keeping Room, she got me this bag of Mulled Wine that we'd talked about.  Sadly, it's nothing like I thought it would be.  Maybe once melted it will be more full bodied?  Right now it's rather light and flat, and dry.  Bummer.

Yum Yum Buttery Rum (CFTKR) - 'Vanilla simmered in rum, topped with fresh cream and just a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon.'
I also had her grab me a bag of this scent.  This one is also light on cold sniff but I think I'll really like this one.  It does remind me of those good ol' Butter Rum Lifesavers.  I'll have to plop one of these in the warmer and see if it becomes even more yummy.

And that is my fun filled happy mail from Julie!
I'm always amazed at her generosity.

Thank you again, Julie!


6 comments:

  1. Julie is such a sweetie <3 I adore the crow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Crow was my absolute favorite movie for quite some time back in the day. I was freakin' obsessed with it. I kinda cringe now when I see it but still love it. There are rumors of a remake, with Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo from Game of Thrones) in the main role. That's kinda funny to me because he's so big ad beefy, and Brandon Lee was stick thin and small.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Hey hey hey!!

    I am kinda laughing inside because I do forget how much you dislike Glitterati squish. Hopefully the scent will over come the texture. If not, you can send it on to a better home. And gosh darn, you better melt that Mulled Wine before you send it one too, lady. I bought that JUST for you. ;-)

    If you make the rose, please send me a pic. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The squish is tolerable. lol I just need to be in the mood to do some wax cutting and then get it all done at once. Perhaps I'll do that today. I have to chop up that glorious RG pie slice too.

      I might do the rose today too. Will take a pic if I do.

      Thanks again!
      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. Very nice customized haul from the ever-generous Julie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! And this reminds me that I never posted a pic of the finished Beauty and the Beast Rose. Hmm, I'll have to post that tonight.

      ~Deb

      Delete