Tuesday, June 27, 2017

June 27 - Stressful DNA


Hello!  Let's see if I can get back on track with posting.  Work days always put a kink in things, and this past weekend was pretty crappy work-wise.  I'm *trying* to not let it get to me so much.  I can just feel how stressed I am, like my blood pressure is sky high and I'm ready to explode.  My mind has been racing, sleep is all over the place, just a physical feeling of 'How much more can I take?!'  I've Googled relaxation techniques and have been trying to do deep breathing and mental breaks several times a day.  I've been trying to think about other things.  My mood is not necessarily bad, but I just feel so anxious and tightly wound.  UGH!

Ty was here today to do his laundry and we just chilled and chatted.  I had Snapped on for background noise.  A little murder always soothes the mind.  LOL!  I even asked him if he ever gets stressed.  He seems so mellow.  He said no, not really, that he's learned it's not worth it.  Dang frikken sensible kids.

Casey's in Colorado this week.  He and two friends decided they wanted to just get away for a while and went on a road trip.  Good for them, being young and ambitious enough to travel.  I'm a bit envious.  He's feeling a bit miserable today though, says he has altitude sickness after going to Pike's Peak.  They went cave exploring yesterday.

Fatty continues to improve.  He's definitely gained back a ton of weight.  He's eating like a cow, awake more often and playful during those times.  Last night he was tearing around the house so much he had Minion all freaked out and poofy.  He was a maniac to the point I seriously started to think there was something wrong with him!  We noticed a ton of goober in one of his eyes, and I was all like 'Gah!  It's a tumor and he's lost control of himself!'  Hubby was all 'You worry too much.  Just be happy he's active.'  Okay, Mr. Chill.  Today the goober is gone and he seems more normal.

Guess what hubby and I are doing!  After kicking around the idea for years now, we're going ahead with those ancestry DNA test kits.  We did the swabs this evening and I'll get those in the mail tomorrow.  The kits say we'll have results in 4-6 weeks.  I can't wait!  I'll do a more detailed post once we have those results.

I'm still reading that Shadowhunters book.  I managed to get quite a big chunk of it read at work this weekend.  I'm anxious to finish because I have a new (to me) Ludwig book I'm dying to dive into!

Our weather has really cooled off.  We've only been in the 60s the past several days, and have dipped down to the upper 40s at night.  The furnace has kicked on a couple times at night!  In June!  Oh well, I'll take this over the sweltering heat others are having.

On that note, I'm off to read more of that book.

Have you ever done one of the ancestry DNA tests?
Do you have any stress relief techniques?


2 comments:

  1. I have to remind myself to take a few deep breaths when I get really anxious or stressed out. I've even set reminders on my computer or phone.

    Glad to hear FattyCat is doing better. Sounds like he's entertaining himself at your expense :)

    Can't wait to hear your DNA kit results... how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fatty's sleeping a lot today, but so is Minion. It's a gray, rainy, chilly day. Perfect for napping, I guess. :)

      I know! I can't wait either! I'm hoping it confirms what we've always been told, but I'm kinda hoping for some surprise. I'll definitely post about the results when I get them.

      ~Deb

      Delete