Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Natters - June 13 / Goodbye Wax Blog!

King Ludwig II died on this day 131 years ago, back in 1886.

Although I do feel that's worth mentioning, it's not what I came here to post about.  I've decided to make some bloggy changes. I'm stepping away from wax blogging and going back to the daily journal type of thing that this blog originally was.  This blog actually started as a journal on MySpace way back in very early 2007, or possibly even before that.  It was meant to be a way for out of town family members to keep up on the news back home.  I moved to this blog in May 2010 and have been plugging away ever since.  Things have changed as my interests and ambitions have changed but wax blogging has been my longest running 'phase' and has seen the most action and success.  Seems funny that I'd give that up then, huh?

Things change though.  A handful of small incidents have opened my eyes to some things and helped me come to this decision.  I'll still melt wax and buy Walmart wax and order from the few tried and true vendors I've come to love.  Maybe I'll do haul posts, or maybe I'll just mention whatever scent I'm loving at the moment now and then in a Natters post.  But I'm not going to try and be informative anymore, or try to keep track of new products or anything like that.  If I happen to see something that interests me, maybe it'll get mentioned.

Yep, I'm going back to what I seem to enjoy most, and that is the Natters posts.  People have told me it's a cozy place to be, like sitting around the kitchen table with coffee and a friend, like something "my grandma" would blog.  I'll probably lose some followers, but maybe new ones will stumble across this humble little place.  I guess we'll just see how it goes.

I hope you'll stick around!
And now I am going to sit down and watch my beloved Ludwig movie to remember the real King Ludwig II on this anniversary of his mysterious and sad death.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Deb! I hope the third viewing was as satisfying as the first two. Kick up the Wagner!
    Wax, cards, cats, it's all the same; we all love the source of all Natters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually it was more like the 6th viewing. LOL And it just keeps getting better. I only got through the first 2 hrs though, then hubby got home from work and rolled his eyes. I'll try to finish it today.

      There are just so many things you don't pick up on the first time because you're so distracted by the subtitles or by just trying to follow what's going on. It was subsequent viewings where I started seeing how much Ludwig is brought more deeply to life through Helmut's body language or facial expressions. It brings SO much more to the story when you notice all that.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. This sounds like the perfect format adjustment for you! I do enjoy your wax posts so I hope to see one occasionally like you mentioned, but I will still look forward to reading your natters and whatever else your heart desires to write about. When I first saw the post title I was afraid you were done blogging all together; I'm glad you're still with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did debate just giving up completely. I've tried giving it up other times but I always seem to come back to it. So we'll just give it a go in a slightly different way and see how I like it.

      I'm happy to hear you'll be sticking around! Thanks so much. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  3. You know I will be still sitting around your table. I love that you are going back to your Natters. You have many interests and I love to read about them all, and including your day to day. <3

    ReplyDelete