Monday, July 17, 2017

July 17

A bit more progress on the barn today.  The tractor kinda blocks it in this pic but they now have the center portion of this east wall completely knocked out.  It actually looks weird and a bit scary with it standing open like that.  I was so surprised to find them out there working this morning BEFORE work too!

My sister is back in town for a while and went over to my (our) mom's today while I was there.  I got to see my nephew/godson Julius again, which is always fun.  For some reason, no pictures were taken during this visit.  Usually everyone is snapping pics because it's only a couple times a year that we actually get to see each other.  Hmm, she'll be back at Mom's again next week so I'll try to get some pics then.

Guess what!  My sister is going to borrow the Blu-ray copy of my Ludwig movie so she can see what I'm obsessed with.  The box set of the movie has a set of Blu-ray discs and a set of DVDs.  Since I don't have a Blu-ray player it's easy for me to lend out that version of the movie and I'll still have my DVD version to watch endlessly.  Hehe!  I don't expect her to love it.  I just hope she actually watches the whole thing.

***SPOILER-FREE***  The Game of Thrones season premiere was interesting last night, but I wasn't overwhelmingly wowed.  The opening scene was predictable.  Jon and Sansa arguing was interesting.  I think she'll end up quite evil.  The end of the episode was pretty darn cool.  But why the heck was Ed Sheeran on the show??  Ugh.

Well, back to work tomorrow.  Another big UGH.  This weekend seemed to fly by, yet it doesn't seem like I really did anything.  Why can't I just retire now?  Ugh ugh uuuuugh.

How was your weekend?
Looking forward to anything this week?
Tell me about it!

4 comments:

  1. I have a tiny mp3 player I use to listen to podcasts while running called a Sansa Clip+. Every time I look at it I think, "Sansa is so dumb!" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was soooo dumb in the beginning. I used to despise her. She's come a long way though. Too bad her momentum appears to be swinging her over to the evil side now.

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Working on the barn before work huh? That is a big deal! I bet it is cool to see the transformation come along.

    Cool to hear your sister is in town and she will be watching King Ludwig! Thank you for loaning them to me. I quite enjoyed it and it has piqued my curiosity to learn more about him and also to visit his castles.

    I wish you could retire. Or at least retire from there and do something "fun" to earn some money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today they went in to work early so they could get home early to have more time to work on the barn. I'm like, daaaaang!

      I wish I could retire too. I had to take another, uh, mental health day today. :(

      ~Deb

      Delete