Friday, July 7, 2017

July 7 - Triplets & Cards


I finally finished reading that beastly Shadowhunters book yesterday!  Did I mention that in yesterday's post?  I can't even remember.  Anyway, I posted my review of it earlier today if you're at all interested.  I had mixed feelings about it, but enjoyed it enough that I will go ahead and read the next one despite my sore points with this one.

Yesterday evening I was sitting here at my computer and noticed a deer out in the yard.  No biggie.  Happens all the time.  I noticed it seemed quite interested in something off in the field so I moved to get a better look, and saw more deer.  Again, no biggie.  Then those field deer started running towards the one in the yard and it took me a moment to realize they were fawns.  Awww!  We often see moms and babies around here too, and it's not uncommon to see a mom with twins, but when I saw this . . . oh my gosh!
Triplets?!
It was so cute!
Oh, ha!  Are these Lawn Fawns?
*crafty kneeslapper*

My big ambitions for spending tons of quality time creating cards on my days off once again failed miserably.  I played around with new techniques and new items yesterday, but didn't actually create anything until way later in the day when I started to get frustrated with myself.  And then today I'd planned on spending a lot of time creating but once again just kept coming up empty.
This is the card I made yesterday.  I'd been wanting to use this particular set since I got it, and I thought my new Perfect Pearls powders would look awesome on a dark nighttime background.  Heh, it's not as easy as it seems though, and I was quite disappointed in the end.  I was immediately thinking of things to change about this if I should happen to do it again.  And one of those changes was to not use plain black cardstock again.  Luckily, while shopping this morning, I found a really cool looking pack of colored cardstock and it included some dark purple-black blended designs that I thought would be excellent for night skies.  So once I got home and got a few other things done, I headed into the craft room to try the starry sky design again.
And I'm quite happy with this one!  I did not use any Perfect Pearls powder this time.  Instead, I went back to coloring and die cutting.  The foxes are popped up with foam tape.  I colored them with my one little pack of Copic markers although you really can't see any fabulous blending because I still don't know what I'm doing with them and I'm still not seeing what the wonder of these markers is.  Maybe on a different type of paper??  But anyway, happy with how this turned out but frustrated at all the time and fumbling it took to accomplish it.

And then there is this one that I made several days ago, but don't think I've shown yet.

I wanted to make more notecards today after coming across a die set I'd forgotten all about.  I had these great ideas in my head and happily sat down to bring them to life, and then remembered I don't have orange cardstock.  I have orange notecard envelopes, but not orange cardstock.  Ugh!  I suppose I could have tried on white cardstock but the beautiful ideas in my head involved orange.  Now that particular idea is on hold until I go shopping again, and I called it a day in the craft department.

Well tomorrow is back to work, so I'll get this posted and head off to bed.  I started reading my new King Ludwig II book last night.  I only got maybe ten pages into it though, and it's boring so far because it's just briefly going over some pre-Ludwig history.  Looking forward to getting more into it tonight though!

How was your Friday?
Any weekend plans?

2 comments:

  1. LOL! Lawn Fawns!! Love it.

    Wow, Deb! What a huge night and day difference between the two cards! I love the second card. it looks amazing.

    Hoping your Ludwig book turns out to be a great page turner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that second one too. I need to get used to adding extra little bits like sequins and bling. I have a bunch but never reach for them!

      The Ludwig book is good because it's a Ludwig book but not thrilling me much compared to the others I've read about him. *sigh*

      ~Deb

      Delete