Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sep. 10 - Create!

When I was shopping yesterday I discovered that my Walmart apparently no longer carries my current favorite face cream.  Gah!  So I stopped at Target to see if they might have it.  They don't, but since I was at Target I just had to snoop through the Dollar Spot.  They have a lot of the fall and Halloween stuff out now but looked like they were still in the process of stocking things.  There were tons of things I wanted, of course, but I managed to resist and only get a handful of things I knew I could use for card making.

The two jars of sequins was an exciting find.  They had some others that were shaped like leave but they didn't speak to me like these regular ones did.  And then the two spools of twine just had to come home with me too.  I hit a snag in my plans to make those little notecard boxes.  I've found that my 6x6 pads of paper are too small.  I'll either have to buy 12x12 sheets, or stick with plain colors in regular 8.5x11 size.  Because of this setback, I think I'm going to package the sets of notecards with twine wrapped around them and tags attached.  So yes, these pretty colors of twine were a very welcome sight!  There were a bunch of other colors too but I knew I already had some here at home, just wasn't sure which colors.  I knew I did not have anything like these two I bought though.

Speaking of tags, I made these little beauties today.  I love them!  I'd seen people give subtle color to the edges of things like this and wanted to try it for myself.  I was amazed how well it worked!  You'll see what I did with these in a moment.

I was puttering around with making notecards today.  In one of the boring classes I sat through earlier this week I'd scribbled down a list of ideas for cards.  These randomly stamped backgrounds was one of the ideas.  They look pretty darn cute just as!

I thought I'd ruined them when I put the washi on them, but adding those tags with the sentiments really helps.  They might still have been better without the washi.  Maybe I'll try another set without it.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Really cute! I stopped by the Dollar Spot yesterday and it was in total chaos as usual, but I did pick up the little sugar skull lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for slacking on replies! :(

      I don't think I saw the sugar skull lights but I did see fall colored wicker balls that made me think of Julie. lol I have some little fall leaves lights from Dollar Tree stretched across my buffet. :)

      ~Deb

      Delete
  2. Sorry about your face cream. Hopefully you find something that will be a suitable substitute. By the way... love these cards. They look super cute.

    I don't think I saw any of those in the Dollar Spot. We went yesterday but it was pretty picked over. I did get some lights and the cute garlands a while back though. I went to Walmart and Hobby Lobby to look for wreaths but nothing really stuck out and the ones I did like there were only one of (I need two). The hunt continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably just order my face cream online. The Walmart website says they still have it. They did just recently remodel and reorganize, so maybe I just overlooked it. I'll be looking more closely tomorrow, for sure. Otherwise, I'll probably just order some online.

      I saw that Walmart now has a Halloween wreath nearly identical to the black and orange bulb one I got from Target a couple years ago. I think Walmart's price is what I paid at Target on clearance. lol

      ~Deb

      Delete